Thursday, January 6, 2011

ESPN Network Problems

Its been a week since the Washington Huskies epic 19-7 victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the 2010 Holiday Bowl. If your a true Washington Huskies fan, you would have been watching the game and not have been able to see the start of the game because of the UNC  vs Tennessee game going into overtime..

 After the UNC vs. Tennessee game was over, ESPN decided to leave the Holiday Bowl for a girls College Basketball game. ESPN was a complete joke last week so I e-mailed them yesterday.

Here is what I said:

To Whom, it may concern





I would like to address the problem, of what took place on Thursday, December 30th, 2010. The problem was held very poorly and could of been held at more of a mature matter. 

On December, 30th, 2010 at about 7pm the game between North Carolina and Tennessee was  still going on. At the same time the Holiday Bowl, the Washington Huskies and the Nebraska Cornhuskers were about to start their game. There should of been a way for you guys to be able to switch to the Holiday Bowl in the Seattle area and the Lincoln area. In fact, I know there is a way because ABC (your sister station) goes regional for the College football games on Saturday during the season.

However, what was done a week ago can't be changed but the way you handled it was a complete joke! I am a big Washington Huskies fan and like most fans I was pretty excited for the game. The Washington Huskies this year faced a lot of adversity this season, but the Huskies found away somehow to get six wins for their first bowl bid since 2002. 

Secondly, during the UNC vs. Tennessee game, the referees did not know what they were doing. The last minute of the game felt like half an hour. There was a play that was challenged and the referees were talking forever to determine what the right call was. At the very least you guys could of shown the Holiday Bowl while the Challenge was taking place. 

After the UNC vs Tennessee game was over there was only 3:40 to go in the 1st quarter and Washington was somehow leading 7-0. I was so surprised that Washington was up 7-0 that I would of liked to know how. 

Next, you guys decided to leave the Holiday Bowl in the second quarter to a girls basketball game that was almost over and there was no way that Uconn was going to comeback. I realize that a massive streak was just about to be broken but that game was on ESPN2 already. 

The whole thing was handled poorly and could easily been changed. The most obvious solution is to leave the UNC vs Tennessee game at 7pm. If you didn't want to do that, I noticed that the UNC vs. Tennessee game started at 3:40 Seattle time. During the season there is about 3 hours and 30 minuets between games. You guys should of scheduled the Holiday Bowl for 7:10 or 7:20 even. I realize that it would be late for Nebraska fans but I remember last year Washington's game versus LSU started at 7:30pm. 

Lastly, the times of games or the dates of these games could of been changed and this wouldn't happen. I realize that the game was on ESPNU but not everybody has ESPNU and not everybody can watch these games live. 

I do enjoy the majority of the things you do as a TV Network and a website but what you did but what you did was a complete Joke and needs to be changed or you will have more of these problems with other fans. 

I hope you take time to e-mail me back.

Sincerely, 

Greg von Matt





I don't think I went over the top. I tried not to use bad language during the E-mail.  For myself the problem was unfortunate. Regardless, if ESPN did the right thing I still would of had a problem because I live in Canada and would still of had to watch the overtime. For example, Canadians do not get ESPN or any other good sports channels that Americans get in the sates. That being said if ESPN would have done the right thing then I would be sending  this e-mail to The Score (Sports channel in Canada and the channel the game was on) and not ESPN. 


I didn't really focus on grammar and punctuation on this one. I just wanted to get my point across to ESPN. I had the idea of putting this blog on my page today. 













No comments:

Post a Comment