Friday, February 11, 2011

Super Bowl Grades

The Super Bowl has come and gone and once again, we have our world Champion. The Green Bay Packers are this years 2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions.

Green Bay Packers season A+

 If I was to give the Green Bay Packers a grade for their season it would have to be an A+. The Packers finished 14-6 and showed in the last few weeks of the season and in the playoffs they could play with any team anywhere. On December 19th, 2010 the Packers played the Patriots in Foxboro. Not only did the Packers compete with the Pats for four quarters. They competed with the Pats without Super MVP Aaron Rogers.

Also, a 10-6 season does not look that impressive. In fact, I doubted they would make the playoffs after their embarrassing 7-3 loss to the Lions on December 12th. This team faced more adversity then any other team in the league. All of their six losses were by four points or less. (two in OT) Don't forget this team had more injuries then most teams would get in two years.

Super Bowl Atmosphere c+ 


This is a tough category to give a grade on because of all the ice and snow. However, when I was watching some of the pregame show it looked like the fans were having fun. During media day I read an article that said it kinda felt like a carnival. Carnival or not. The ice and snow was definitely enough to put a dent in some peoples experience. For me, the ice and snow would of added to the experience but maybe that's because I'm from Canada. If you didn't like the festivities outside there was always Mavericks basketball games and Dallas Stars hockey games to go to if you were in the Fort Worth area last week.

National Anthem F- 


Let me start off by saying that the National Anthem was horrible. Christina Aguilera is a five time Grammy award winner and preformed Game 7 of the NBA Finals last year. For her to miss a line in the National Anthem is inexcusable. In Fact, I know the words to the American Anthem and I don't even live in the states. She sung the song way to slow and it was not smooth at all.

Halftime Show A-
In contrast, I thought that the Black Eyed Peas halftime show was really good. They played a lot of good songs at the right times of the concert. For me, the Black Eyed Peas would never disappoint me. I also really enjoyed the lights show that went on during the music. The only bad thing about the show was that it was too short.

Super Bowl Game B- 
For me the game will go down as one of the better games I have seen. Even thou it was 21-3 Green Bay at one point in the game, I knew that the Steelers would have an answer. I was right. For most of the second half the game was still in the balance. Green Bay was getting injuries and the Steelers were making the adjustments necessary to put some points on the board. However, the game will never be viewed as an all time classic because of all the great finishes we have had in the past ten years.

Officiating B 
The Officials I thought did a very good job. Over the course of the game I thought there was a lot of good no calls. Sometimes when we break down a game we forget that the officials are human and make mistakes. Of course there were some calls that I felt were bad, but generally the officials did a good job. They definitely did a better job then in Super Bowl XL in Detroit.


Super Bowl Staff  D+
The Super Bowl Staff gets a D+ for me. It is joke for a 100 thousand seat stadium to put extra seating in the building and not have it completed in time. However, the Super Bowl staff did make the best out of the situation. The 400 people that weren't able to see the game will get to go to a Super Bowl of their choice in the future. If I was one of the 400 people that got ripped off I would be mad but once I found out what I will  get in return I would look at the bright side.

Overall Super Bowl in 2011 C+ 
I would give the Super Bowl a C+ this year. Was it the best experience ever? No. Was it the Worst experience ever? No. In the end the Super Bowl will come back to Dallas. Even thou they screwed up in a few areas this time around, Dallas is too big of a football market to be left out. Furthermore, with Cowboy Stadium such a sate of the arc stadium, Dallas will surely get another chance to redeem themselves in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment