Friday, December 7, 2018

Why I Feel Stuck

In 2013, I found myself in a hard place. I liked college a lot but something felt missing. I like a lot of what I do but I kinda felt that my life was heading into a dead end and that there was better chance of me doing something wrong than doing something amazing.

It took me 18 months later for me to grab myself and write down things that I wanted to accomplish. I was asked to come to Vancouver, at first I was really nervous and after awhile I thought honored and excited that a friend of mine wanted to hangout with me.

The thing is, why do I feel tied down to stuff. If I say I want to do something I have people in my life that will put their own opinion on it and it feels like their trying to convince me that I shouldn't do that. This is a huge pet peeve of mine as I need space to spread my wings and make choices by myself.

This has held me back the past few years, I think if there is anything good that comes from this is that I will be more prepared to do so many things that I want to do when the time comes.

I don't know where I would be if I dropped out of school in 2013. I had about 23,000 which was quite a bit but I never clued in how fortunate I was. Somehow I feel I would have ended up ok but it wouldn't have been easy. In fact, most of the money I had was tied up in investments that wouldn't have been smart to sell.

So 18 months later, I was in Vancouver. Now with 33,000 to my name and again it never clued into me that I had more money than most. Things in Vancouver were going alright but I took a break from my goals while my Grandpa was sick with cancer.

I got off my feet in March of 2016 but limited hours hurt my momentum from accomplishing goals again.

Between that and all of the above that I mentioned, things have never sat right with me. In late August, I took a sabbatical from Vancouver in hopes that I can regather my thoughts for 2019. If I'm not in 100% control of my life with no judgment and support, I feel lazy. That is my biggest challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment