Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Good Strategy to Sports Betting

About a month ago, I was staring at the Euro 2016 odds for winning the title. Betting on a Champion is very risky. Out of the 24 team tournament, only one team will be the Champion. I'm starring at the Champion. However, at this point last month I had no idea which one it was. 

Of course, it can be a process of elimination. Out of the 24 team tournament, only seven or eight teams realistically have a shot of winning the title. Out of those eight. The top two favorites usually aren't worth the risk for the small payout if I picked correctly. That narrowed my guess down to six
teams. 

I then looked at the "it" factor that some teams have that sometimes propels a team to a Championship or in this case a Euro Title. 

After eliminating 1-2 teams, my next step was to find a team that had an intimidating force. This step was a huge step in finding the team that I thought were going to win the Euro Cup. This team was also a fun team to watch and usually find a way to win. 

The team I am talking about is Portugal. They were 20/1 odds to win the tournament has great reward for the quality of team Portugal has. The skill that Cristiano Ronaldo has is simply unrepresented as one of the best players in the game. 

Unfortunately, I didn't place a bet. However, my confidence is sky high from a betting point of view as I will continue to look for possible good bets in professional leagues and tournaments that are followed world-wide. 

Last October, I told my Dad to put $20 down on the Cleveland Cavaliers to win the 2016 NBA Championship. At the time, the website I was looking at had the Cavs at 4/1 odds. Do the math of how much my Dad would have won. 

Previously, my Dad and I placed a bet on the Seattle Seahawks on their quest to win back to back Super Bowls. We know how that ended. 

Moral of the story, I think I have this sports betting thing understood. By no means is sports betting a retirement solution, that being said it is fun to know that someone to make money off their sports knowledge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment