Wednesday, July 18, 2018

My Soccer Team Will be...

I started watching soccer for real in March of 2012. I knew most of the teams but never understood the relegation/Champions League system.

The thing that caught my eye was how lopsided the table was of the English Premier League. I mean, it was pretty clear that there was a big gap between the Top 6 and the rest.

I wanted to cheer for a London club but didn't know which one. I decided to go with Tottenham Hotspur but it didn't feel right. They have emerged as one of the big clubs.

I quickly remembered how Junior Hoilet played for QPR years ago and how their stadium seemed like a good place to see a game.

QPR sits at 41-1 odds of winning the Championship and going back up to the top flight. Not likely but I guess there is always a chance.

I'm from Vancouver BC. I'm used to odds not being in my favor. I just want to find a way to watch my new team in the second division most likely trying not to go down.

I'll get over to England one day. But for now, I'll have to watch from abroad. We haven't played in a European game since 1984 which was now 34 years ago.

One day our time will come, just not likely going to be this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment