Friday, February 15, 2019

2015 Was the Beginning of the End for Memphis

I have reflected on a lot lately. I have been out of University for almost four years now and things have been getting wild. I don't even know where to begin sometimes. My emotions take me far away from where I want to be and then I end up falling short of my goals.

In May of 2015,  the Memphis Grizzlies were 2-1 up on the Golden State Warriors and things went south from there for the Grizzlies and my life. For me this sucked because I was a die-hard Vancouver Grizzlies fan from back in the day. I was 21 at the time. However, I have cerebral Palsy so things click in to my brain about 2-5 years after everyone else.

That hasn't stopped me from being a huge sports fan and having a blog that I am proud of. Unfortunately, things didn't go our way. I regret being so emotional those two weeks and even that calendar year that I didn't enjoy that year.

After a long few years of trying to get back on my feet, I feel really good about myself right now. Similarity, the Grizzlies took a huge first step into rebuilding when they traded Marc Gasol earlier this month. I had been calling for this for about the last two years and I really think we got pretty fair return.

If you think about it, we turned Pau Gasol into Marc and now Marc Gasol into a younger version of Marc and two other players plus a future second round pick.

They still need a bit of a makeover. I doubt Mike Conley wins another playoff round in Memphis so they need a couple of franchise players to elevate them to where they were between 2011-2015.

The beginning of the end was May 11th 2015 and it has gone south since. Personally, I'm disappointed that things didn't happen sooner.

I'm doing better emotionally. I'm looking forward to the next year to see where it takes me but for lack of better word I feel like I have my Ducks in a row way better than I did in previous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment