Monday, February 25, 2019

Trying to Move to a Sports City in BC

At about this time in 2016 I wanted to move to Cranbrook BC. I was 22 years old, I was lost and I had just lost my Grandad.

The thing is, I'm ok doing what I do. I'm living in Penticton right now. I work as a Educational Assistant and I enjoy the work. I have a very good base for my networth all things considered but I don't want to spend my whole life going to work and coming home and watching TV. There is more to life than that.

For instance, today I'm having a low key day. I'm watching NHL Trade deadline show on Sportsnet. These last 12 months have been super hard for me as I tried to eliminate negative things that were going on in my life.

I have made a lot of good steps this year but other things have came up that are getting in my way.

Friday will be my one year anniversary when I said Eff it and started to tell myself that I will always have enough money to live. I started to spend money as if I was spoiled. This wasn't a bad thing, in fact it made me realize a few things. Unless the market tanks, I will again finish the year above where I was last year. If I can do that again this coming year I'll be golden. The jury seems out if I can do that. The stock market is very shaky now and I'm not sure what it will do next.

It will be interesting to see how things turn out for me next year. The Kootney Ice are moving to Winnipeg so there goes my idea of moving to Cranbrook. I guess the silver ling is that all my missed opportunities have kept my financial situation really good. The problem is that my self esteem is not where it should be because of this. Oh well, I guess I have sports to always fall back on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment