Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Is Oregon a Natty or Bust Team?

For Oregon to get into the College Football playoff they will have to win out. There is no grey area. I was disappointed by the Auburn game. We had a chance to make a huge statement but weren't able to deliver.

For me, College Football's parody has never been worse. With four spots on the line in the CFP, two are practically already taken by Clemson and Alabama. That leads two spots renaming. Those will likely be taken by Ohio State, Oklahoma or Georgia. Two out of those three will most likely get in.

How come the FCS has a 24 team playoff yet the BCS is stuck on four? There used to be a time I was excited for every College Football game but lately I've had more focus on work and other things.

Why is this important?  Oregon plays Montana at 7:45pm on Pac 12 Network on Saturday and I might be home before the kickoff. However, if we beat Nevada 77-6, I'm pretty confident we should win this game as well.

I don't know how to measure success with this team anymore, we have been in two National Championship games since 2010 and it always seems that this team in Natty or bust. I don't want that to be the case but it kinda is.

We are stuck in the wrong conference but I don't imagine us getting out of the Pac 12. The sad reality is our margin of error is really slim.

I'm against playing FCS schools to be honest. There is no benefit for FBS teams. Some of the FCS teams are actually really good. Montana is one of them but haven't done as well as of late.

I pick Oregon to win. 55-6.

2 comments: