Monday, February 17, 2020

Disappointing Canucks Game puts Playoff Hopes in Question

I've been through a lot of tough Canucks losses over the years but this year the pressure seems to be extra high. If we miss the playoffs this year it will be our longest drought in our teams 50 year history. That is something I don't want to set during our 50th season celebration year.

Losing 5-1 to a team that is playing out the rest of the season is inexcusable in so many ways. I was so depressed last night.

Also really irritated with the Ducks player to throw Myers to the boards and down to the ice and Vancouver didn't get a power-play out of the scrum was terrible officiating.

I knew this year wasn't going to be easy, but to see Calgary and Las Vegas struggle like they have this year will feel like a big opportunity squandered. 

Surprisingly, we still have a 90.9% chance at making the playoffs. Wednesday's game becomes so crucial with Boston coming in on Saturday. We can't have a 2-4 home stand and expect to make the playoffs.

I guess this is what make the wins so enjoyable. When we are going through a glory period like we did from 2002-2013, we take for granted how easy it is to win regular season games in the NHL.

Win Wednesday! That's all I can ask. I haven't seen any of my favorite teams in a playoff series (MLB, NBA and NHL) since the 2015 World Series because I'm a Mets fan.

It's going to be a long two days of work for me.

1 comment:

  1. There is no pressure on teams like the Ducks when there season is toast

    ReplyDelete