Monday, February 3, 2020

Why I'm A Seahawks Fan

I've struggled this year. I'm trying to realize that it is impossible to pick your favorite team. A team picks you. Seeing Patrick Mahomes win a Super Bowl Title is bittersweet because I don't like how Seattle is utilizing Russell Wilson. He has so much potential talent yet they focus on the run way too much for how much they are paying Wilson. 

I don't want to be a Seahawks fan but it's the team my heart responds to during the season. I guess that is what decides it. I'm from Vancouver anyway. 

It all started in 2014 when I realized that I didn't have to be married to the Memphis Grizzlies. That was a tough playoff series for me considering they were playing the old Seattle Super Sonics. The thought that it could have have been Vancouver vs Seattle was painful. 
After I choose the Suns, I felt like I could pick a team in every sport. 

It doesn't work like that. Any team I tried following a team, it wouldn't last very long. But it was therapeutic when I did it.  

Seahawks are my team. I'm going to try to write daily and feel free to bookmark this site for my thought of the day of what is on my mind. 

It will be sports related or life related. Thanks for your support. I have been through hell and back with having Cerebal Palsy and I want to do my best to reach out to people that need help or inspiration. 

Thanks to everyone who hasn't teased me and has opened their friends group to me. 

You guys are awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment