Thursday, January 14, 2021

Where Do The Canucks Fit in With the Canadian Division?

 Well, I don't remember that much from our win last night. I had five drinks yesterday but enjoyed the win. Today, I watched by myself and felt frustrated throughout most of the game. 

I'm trying my best to not over react but it is worrisome that we don't have a point target that we think will get us into the playoffs. In an 82 game season, that number is 93. 

Let's do the math, 93 X 56 / 82 = 63.5. If my math is correct, the Canucks have to go 31-23-2 to make the playoffs.

We are 1-1 right now but these early games never sit well with me. I mean it sucks to start the year off 2-5 or 3-4 for that matter. I really like how this team is assembled but we didn't play well against Canadian teams last year going 4-10. 

This is the real process of rebuilding a team. We made the playoffs last year which snapped a four year absence. Making the playoffs last year for me gives me some wiggle room as this team continues to progress. Having a playoffs or bust type attitude is an unhealthy fanbase in my opinion which is what we had from 2010 - 2014. 

Canucks fans need some patience. I want to win a Stanley Cup just as much as the other guy but it won't happen over night. When the Sedin twins were 22 years old we relished at the opportunity to win a division title. 2003 was a very exciting year for me as a fan. This organization now is in a very good place and I don't want that to go away.  Enjoy the process! 

Here is what the standings might look like this year:

Toronto        32-20-4

Montreal     30-20-6

Edmonton    30-20-6

Vancouver   28-24-4

Calgary      27-25-4

Winnipeg    26-26-4

Ottawa       23-31-2


Here is how I think the final standings will end. 500. hockey will likely not make the playoffs unless the top two teams run away with the division. Also it is hard to say what the records will be because of how many three point games their will be. 

Four games over 500 should be good enough because 57% of the division will make the playoffs. 

Four games over 500. is very doable for a team that has this much talent on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment