Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Greg's Journey - January 19th 2021

 I am overcome by joy that I have been able to relax and reflect on the last few years. It hasn't been easy. At first I struggled to get where I wanted to be. From 2016-2018 I was desperate for a change of paste that I never got for various reasons, I plugged away through drinking a lot of Coke and Pepsi. 

Sports was what got me through the tough times. In fact, in 2017 I started my first sports betting account and by putting $100 in the account every month I decided that this was my way of investing. 

By 2018 I upped that amount to $200. Some months I would put more and other months I would put nothing in at all. I told myself if I ever got to $5,000 I would take it all out and move. Somewhere I could be happy with no distractions. 

It never got to that point. I didn't want help from my parents because something didn't seem right about that. At the same time, I didn't want the pressure of a 9-5 job and all that comes with it. There are pros and cons to both sides. 

Life on here is temporary and when your single, money is looked at differently than when you have a wife and two kids. For me it is even more different. I am on disability so getting a free 1,200 every month is important to me. 

This is where I always had trouble accepting what direction I wanted to go in life. I have so many options that at times it felt overwhelming. This is where the phrase the grass is always greener on the other side comes into play. A lot of people would have loved to have the life I have but for me it felt like I was living a life of unfulfilled potential.  

I can fully say that I have reached where I want to be in life. The turning point was Covid for sure as I now realize how good I had things a few years ago. I am going to try my hardest to give you a daily update on here as much as possible. I love my friends on here and I'm hopeful I can never get upset about little things again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment