Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Even in Oregon's down years, they are still a Powerhouse

 This isn't the College Basketball season I ever envisioned but I was glad to see the Oregon Ducks wrap up their second straight Pac 12 Championship with a win against Oregon State. I am grateful for being an Oregon Duck as our sports programs are kicking butt in every sport. 

I just want to remind people to go with their gut and do whatever seems right in life. I remember when I was in Grade 8 and I saw Oregon Duck fans act like they were the best thing since sliced bread. It took me awhile to come out of the closet and admit I was a big Ducks fan. The same thing happened to the Minnesota Vikings as well the first year they had Brett Favre. 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch the Oregon Ducks Quarterfinal game against the winner of Washington State and Arizona State. The Cougars gave Oregon fits in an earlier game this year when they defeated Oregon on February 4th. Oregon has only lost one game since then. 

Here is the schedule for the tournament:

GameTimeMatchupScoreTelevisionAttendance
First round – Wednesday, March 10
11:00 pmNo. 8 Arizona State vs. No. 9 Washington StatePac-12 Network
24:00 pmNo. 7 Utah vs. No. 10 Washington
37:00 pmNo. 6 Stanford vs. No. 11 California
Quarterfinals – Thursday, March 11
411:30 amNo. 1 Oregon vs. No. 8/9Pac-12 Network
52:30 pmNo. 4 UCLA vs. No. 5 Oregon State
65:30 pmNo. 2 USC vs. No. 7/10
78:30 pmNo. 3 Colorado vs. No. 6/11ESPN
Semifinals – Friday, March 12
85:30 pmGame 4 winner vs. Game 5 winnerPac-12 Network
98:30 pmGame 6 winner vs. Game 7 winnerESPN
Championship – Saturday, March 13
107:30 pmGame 8 winner vs. Game 9 winnerESPN
Game times in PT. Rankings denote tournament seed.

If I play my cards right, this will be the last time I'll ever have to miss the Pac 12 Quarterfinals. My goal is to chase my dreams and accomplish my goals. Over the last five years I haven't done a good job for various reasons but I am extremely close to putting myself in position to do that. I have three more days of work and then 16 straight days off. 

There are a few blog posts that I want to write but haven't had the mental will power to write most days which has been frustrating me. In my peak of my freelancing career I was writing on average every third day which felt good. 

Thank you for being for being my readers as well as my biggest fans. Oregon is a lock for the NCAA Tournament. Will hope to write Thursday after our QF game.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment