Monday, July 12, 2021

The Big Event in Sports on Tuesday

 Well, I'm on summer vacation and don't have any work for over seven weeks. I have always wanted to be off work and the chance to reflect on where I am, where I was and where I want to be. 

I want to help people but I struggle to know where to start. This world amazes me how so many people can be so dialed in on so many levels and some people can be so lost. 

Sports are a great equalizer for me. I think its great how so many inspirational stories can come from sport. When I'm watching sports or looking up sports facts I don't notice my disability. This is important because I need to do anything in my power to have my disability be non existent. 

People that say that is impossible don't really have a understanding of how flexible life can be. The goal of life should be to have as much fun as possible and being the least stressed as possible. As long as you can be happy, the amount of money someone has is meaningless. 

Chase your dreams and be happy. All it takes is one good break in your life to set your whole life up for success. The key is to flush out all the negative people that think your going to fail. I have been there and its one of the worst spots to be in. 

Something that takes my mind off those struggles in soccer and in particular the UEFA Champions League. With over 1000 soccer teams in Europe, being part of the Champions League should be special. The Group Stage isn't what it used to be but the way that its set up now should create more potential with the Europa Conference League will be fun. 


Team 1Agg.Team 21st leg2nd leg
Fola Esch Luxembourg1Gibraltar Lincoln Red Imps2–213 Jul
Slovan Bratislava Slovakia2[A]Republic of Ireland Shamrock Rovers2–013 Jul
Malmö FF Sweden3Latvia Riga1–013 Jul
Bodø/Glimt Norway4Poland Legia Warsaw2–314 Jul
Connah's Quay Nomads Wales5Armenia Alashkert2–214 Jul
HJK Finland6Montenegro Budućnost Podgorica3–113 Jul
CFR Cluj Romania7Bosnia and Herzegovina Borac Banja Luka3–113 Jul
Shkëndija North Macedonia8Slovenia Mura0–113 Jul
Teuta Albania9Moldova Sheriff Tiraspol0–413 Jul
Dinamo Tbilisi Georgia (country)10Azerbaijan Neftçi Baku1–214 Jul
Maccabi Haifa Israel11Kazakhstan Kairat1–114 Jul
Ludogorets Razgrad Bulgaria12Belarus Shakhtyor Soligorsk1–013 Jul
Ferencváros Hungary13Kosovo Prishtina3–013 Jul
Žalgiris Lithuania14Northern Ireland Linfield3–113 Jul
Flora Estonia15Malta Hibernians2–013 Jul
Dinamo Zagreb Croatia16Iceland Valur3–213 Jul

  Second legs of the first round of four rounds to get to the Group Stage. Most of these teams wouldn't have a chance in the group stage but the attempt is fun to see how it unfolds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment