Friday, October 22, 2021

Things Will Pay off if We are Patient

 I'm by no means stating that the Vancouver Canucks first five games have been a success. I think that there is plenty of places where we can pick apart the Canucks mistakes. However, I just want to say that it feels so therapeutic to have a normal 82 game season with a sell out crowd that I'll be in attendance for. 

My whole life I wanted to be the beat writer for the Vancouver Canucks. I don't think I ever will but this blog gives me the amazing feeling like I am. 

I will whole heartily admit that not overacting to a early season win in October is almost impossible. This is the 19th year that I can say that I remember. In those 19 years we have made the playoffs 10 times. Missed them eight times and one year was outright canceled. Therefore, we have still made the playoffs more times than not since October 2002. I believe we are the most consistent Canadian team since 1990. 

Yet, as Canucks fans, we seem to want to blame ownership and management consistently for our downfalls! Enough is enough. We need to let the chips fall where they may and enjoy the roller coaster of emotions. It won't always be enjoyable but it will be way more rewarding when we win. 

I was at the pub last night and had my eye on the NFL and NLCS at the same time as the hockey game. From what I saw, we played well and it is still fun to beat Chicago. All four of our goals had two assists and we showed some backbone when Chicago tied the game up at one. 

Last game of the road tip tomorrow and we play the new team. I will say that I'm not a fan of Seattle getting a team before Quebec City but it will be worth it if they never make the playoffs. 

This year is crucial given the weak division 4-8. Need to capitalize and ignite this fan-base again. When we are a good team, Vancouver has a buzz that is indescribable and I get so many butterflies in my stomach that come with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment