Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Oregon Head Coach Wishlist

 The Oregon Ducks are on another Head Coaching search... this is after Mario Cristobal fled to hot and sunny Miami to take over the Hurricanes program that has been irrelevant on the National stage for almost two decades now. 

This seems like a similar movie all over again for Oregon. Willie Taggart left Oregon after 2017 for Florida State and has already been fired. 

I think that is what makes this next hire so crucial in the longevity of this program. However, if your looking for the next coach that is not going to bolt for the next great opportunity than we might be looking for a long time. I thought Oklahoma was one of the 5 star coaching destinations that was untouchable. I was wrong. Lincoln Riley is now at USC. 

Oregon seems to be a tier two coaching spot. This means that there is another tier above us. This is though the third time in a decade that a coach has left because they saw greener grass. Oregon fans should expect this to happen once per decade until we can win a Natty. 

 I would expect a coach by January 4th but I'm curious what transpires. Here is a list of coaches that I would happy about. 

Luke Fickell

Dana Holgorsen

Dave Clawson

Matt Campbell

Dave Aranda

Mike Gundy

Tom Allen

Mel Tucker

Bill Clark

Kalani Sitake


There is more I would consider but can't see them leaving for Oregon. These are active head coaches too. My favorite offense right now is Ole Miss. I wouldn't touch Lane Kiffin though with a 10 foot pole. Would consider their OC if they ran the same offense. 

Justin Wilcox and Scott Frost are two hires that scare the living daylights out of me. For a University with so much moxy and swagger I think we can do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment