Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tottenham Fan in Canada #3 - 2017

Second place in the EPL is all sealed up with Tottenham's 2-1 win over Manchester United during White Hart Lane's final game ever.

I didn't get a chance to watch it, unfortunately it was on a channel I didn't get. Soon, I'm looking to set up a strategy where I never miss a game. However, because it was Mothers Day Weekend I went back to my childhood house to spend time with family.

I saw on Facebook that it was 2-0 Spurs in the 55th minute. I was surprised but why should I be. Tottenham dominated at home this year and last year against United the Spurs were 3-0 winners.

I watched the game later that night on Tape Delay. The final 20 minutes were emotional for me. Don't understand why we had to get to this point. A stadium that looks newish is getting demolished. Being replaced with what looks to me as another big stadium, something like that already exists in Arsenal and Manchester City.

I saw images of Arsenal's old ground a few weeks ago. Despite it looking old it had a humble look to it.

My ideal stadium would have the stands right on the action, the old stadiums had that. The newer ones seem to be farther away. Money is taking over a game that was once filled with passion and heart.

Two games remain, both on the road. Tottenham will try to get revenge over falling short to Leicester last year in the Title race. It was a 1-0 win for the Foxes at WHL that kick started their title surge last year. That win got their fans believing that winning the Title was a reality. In fact, Tottenham was one of the only teams not to play at the King Power Stadium before Leicester became a sensation as the game on the road against Leicester happened early in the year that ended in a 1-1 draw.

I'll have to find somewhere to watch it as I don't think the match is on TV tomorrow. The next time I'll post will be Tuesday as I will be at my Grandmas this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment