Friday, January 18, 2019

Are the Canucks Back?

Have the Canucks turned the corner? Elias Pettersson has done enough in his first season to make the Canucks fans realize that they won't be picking #1 at the NHL entray draft this year in Vancouver. It has gotten to the point where tonight's game feels really important. If they can stay in the race for the next 10 games I think they will stay in the race to the very end.


To add to the intrigue for the game tonight, Thatcher Demko makes the start for the Canucks tonight. It will be his second of his NHL career and first of the season. I have confidence in Demko but without Pettersson I'm not too optimistic. Buffalo won 4-0 last year in Vancouver and this years Sabers team is improved.

website that calculates NHL teams playoff chances has Vancouver at 33% today. They likely have to go around 20-11-3 to feel safe about there chances.


I flew down from Penticton this morning and will be attending the game tonight. I actually have an extra ticket, if anyone wants to go with me let me know.


I like to go in right at 6 when the doors open, I'm currently downtown killing time reading. This just feels like a real special day. I work as a CEA and I'm loving life and Canucks hockey right now and it has been a long time since I have enjoyed both at the same time.

2 comments: