Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Information

Good Afternoon Huskies fans! Did all of you remember to switch your clocks a hour ahead? I haven't yet but my clock on the computer did it for me.Today feels like Christmas Day, I'm excited to see where the Huskies go.

I'm still in shock from what a game we witnessed at the Staples Centre last night. I bet you Isaiah Thomas was in a lot of Arizona fans nightmares last night. The Huskies definitely deserve it. They really played as a team this weekend. Someone different stepped up every night.

A quick note on Isaiah Thomas and Terence Ross. They both won Pac 10 All Tournament Team. More importantly, Isaiah Thomas won the Pac 10 MOP. That was kinda a given don't you think?

Anyway the Selection committee has one less hour to work on the bracket. I hope that doesn't screw any team. I have always wondered how much movement the bracket has in the last hour.

To view Joe Lunardi's bracket on ESPN click here. Lunardi has us as a #7 seed in the West bracket. There first round game has us playing Villanova. If we get passed Villanova we would likely play San Diego State. Those games would be played in Tucson. I think that would be a really good draw for the Huskies. Villanova has not played very good basketball lately and was defeated by USF 70-69 in the Big East first round. If the Huskies get past Villanova they would most likely play San Diego State. I have seen them play four or five times and their nothing special. Playing in Tucson would be nice. We would two-three thousand Huskies fans and a bunch of people from Peoria, where the Mariners spring training is.

There will likely be three to four teams that get into the tournament from the Pac 10. The one question mark left is USC. I hope USC gets in because of Pac 10 pride. The Pac 10 would have most likely only got one team in the tournament last year if it weren't for the Huskies winning the Pac 10 tournament. For that number to jump to four in one year would be huge. I think the number will be four and USC will play in the First Four in Dayton on Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment