Monday, March 7, 2011

UW-USC Game Expreiance

My second ever Washington Huskies basketball game ended in a 62-60 loss to USC at Alaskan Airlines arena on Saturday. Even though the Huskies lost, I had lots of fun and hope to go to a game next year.

I woke up at 8am and my dad and I left shortly after that. The border lineup was only 20 minuets which is pretty good for a Saturday morning. Our first stop was in Lynden for my dad to pick up his yogurt and for us to have Breakfast at Jack In The Box.

After breakfast, we continued on our drive to Seattle while listening to the Mariners on the radio. The drive went by pretty fast. The weather was partly cloudy with a few passing showers.

When we got to Seattle we parked the car by University Ave. and went into a few Husky stores. The stores had a lot of selection. At the Dawg Den there were some good sayings on some T-shirts. However, I thought I had enough T-shirts so I didn't buy one. After the Dawg Den my dad and I decided to have some lunch. We found Wing Central. It is a very good restaurant,  with a good menu and no shortage of TV's. I recommend it to anyone who lives in Seattle and is a sports fan.

By the time my dad and I finished our lunch we headed over to Alaskan Airlines Arena. Before the doors opened we had time to walk around Husky Stadium and that part of the campus. The campus is a very nice campus.  Again, I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of going to school there.

When the doors opened we went into the team store. The service was really good and I was hoping to buy something there. I ended up buying a #5 Nick Montana Black football jersey. It would of been nice if they have #10 Jake Locker or #1 Chris Polk but I think Montana will start next year so I don't regret it. Even if he doesn't start #5 is a popular number so someone will always wear #5 hopefully. (names never go on college jerseys anyway.)

Before we went to our seats my dad and I checked out the Husky Hall Of Fame. I really enjoyed the Husky Hall Of Fame, it was nice they included every sport not just Football and Basketball. When we got to our seats I suddenly started to feel nervous. I knew that the Huskies had a good chance of making the tournament but nothing is ever for sure until your name pops up on the bracket.

I enjoyed the pre-game festivities, it was nice to be in attendance for senior night as this senior class has had really good success in their four years at Washington and it was nice to see our fans support them. I also enjoyed how the PA announcer made the comparison to the basketball game to a Alaskan Airlines flight.

During the game I thought that Washington played alright butt didn't get the bounces at the right time. Even though the Huskies defense was pretty bad in the first half, their defense turned it up a notch in the second half. Despite the 62-60 loss I found the game very exciting with a very energized crowed in the second half. It's too bad the Huskies lost but I think they are still a safe bet to get in the tournament.

The Huskies will now be the #3 seed in the Pac 10 tournament. The first round game against Washington State should be a very intriguing game. If the Huskies win I think their a lock for the tournament. A loss and it could be a long two and a half days until selection Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment