Monday, October 5, 2015

Baseball 162

The 2015 Baseball regular season has came to an end and for me, it was one of the best seasons I have ever seen. For the second time in my life, my family purchased the MLB.TV package and quite honestly, it is one of the best things someone who is a baseball fan that can get. 
I think it is only $169.99 CND, it seems like a lot but it comes out to just over a dollar per game if your favorite team is outside of your TV market. For me, the deal is even sweeter. Over the course of my life, I have been to a total of 24 Major League ballparks, in other words I enjoy watching a lot of different games as it is always great to see a place on TV where you have been. 
I had started the season wanting to do a daily blog for the New York Mets. Unfortunately, things this summer for me didn't go quite as planned but I'm hoping to start fresh next year with the Mets and be on this blog as much as I can. 
162 games later, my World Series prediction of the Angels and Nationals has totally blown up in my face. Neither of which made the playoffs but that's baseball for you. It is the hardest sport to get a playoff streak going. For instance, in the NHL the Detroit Red Wings playoff streak is at 24 straight years. Duplicating this in baseball is almost downright impossible because of how competitive the bottom teams are in baseball and the number of playoff spots baseball has among many other reasons. 
Over the course of the season, I estimate I watched parts of between 350-450 baseball games. I watched, just over 100 Mets games, just under 100 Angels games, 80ish Blue Jays games and about 100 random games through out the year. Am I baseball'd out? 
If your answer was yes you would be incorrect. Baseball is down to 10 teams and in 60 hours we will be down to eight. I'm really looking forward to this years playoffs as most teams enter the playoffs with long World Series droughts. This will make for an extra good playoffs. 
And for those of you who have a favorite team that didn't make the playoffs, there is only 182 days until the the 2016 baseball season begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment