Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5th, 2015

There was only one important sporting event on the schedule tonight and that was the Monday Night Football game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Detroit Lions.

I didn't watch all of the game, I got home from my high school football practice at about 6pm and after a snack, I watched the game for a bit until dinner. After dinner I watched the game on and off until it got interesting in the fourth quarter.  When I think of the Seahawks and Monday Night Football, I think of the classic game between the Packers and Seahawks in 2012 where the game was decided on the last play of the game with replacement refs that game.

Tonight's game was a very sloppy game. Seahawks didn't play very well but escaped with a 13-10 win. In the Pete Carroll era, the Seahawks have been a excellent team at home and for the first time in a regular season game in awhile, the Seahawks struggled at home and didn't look like themselves.

Despite all of this, the Seahawks defense was as good as advertised tonight, the Lions offense was having a hard time getting going and in the early part of the game it looked like the Seahawks were going to pitch a shutout.

The Seahawks are now 2-2 and are back in the thick of things in the NFC West. In contrast, the Lions fall to 0-4 and would likely have to go 10-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

Tomorrow October 6th, 2015

The American League Wildcard game is tomorrow and the Astros will be looking to spoil the Yankees party. The Astros will send ace Dallas Keuchel out tomorrow night. He posted a 20-8 record this year with an impressive 2.48 ERA. His counter part will be Masahiro Tanaka.

I think the Astros will be able to put the Pinstripes to bed tomorrow night, the Yankees are sliding fast right now and have backed-in to the postseason, while on the other hand, the Astros needed to go 6-2 in their last 8 games just to get in the postseason.

I'll be watching this game tomorrow with great interest, unfortunately, I'll have to record it as I'm going into Vancouver tomorrow on the train for an appointment.


Astros
5:08 PM
Yankees




No comments:

Post a Comment