Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Greg von Matt - October 21st, 2015

It was quite interesting to vote in the 2015 Federal Election for Canada on Monday. Quite honestly, I was pretty sure who I wanted to vote for on Monday.

I don't remember when I first heard the name of Justin Trudeau, but going back to my social studies class, his Dad was the Prime Minister of Canada from 1980-1984 and according to my Grade 11 social studies teacher, Pierre Trudeau was a very popular prime Minister. That's when I heard about Pierre Trudeau so I guess Justin Trudeau's name has always rang a bell. It is pretty awesome to have his son be the next Prime Minister.

When your a kid, there is a lot of things you are looking forward to doing. Unfortunately, voting which is a right that Canada has that not every country is fortunate to do is not one of those main things that kids look forward to do.

When I went to cast my ballet, I voted for Trudeau for reasons I won't get into on here. Nevertheless I felt a bit accomplished after I left the voting station and got on with my day. I have been out of college for almost seven months now and well I am enjoying the break away from exams, mid-terms and assignments, it is a great reminder of how much you miss a city/campus or if I want to compare Abbotsford to Kamloops, I could go about how much I miss the Kamloops bus system or even WHL hockey.

Despite being jobless, I have found myself finding things to do. Some days more than others but for the most part I'm not bored. Its just difficult to get plugged into the exact same things that made the days in Kamloops productive. In some ways its impossible.

I have had some days where I have thought about becoming self-employed and when the time comes, I think it will happen. I really want to write a book, travel to a third world country to make a difference in a country and everything in between but now seems not like the right time. When I wake up in the morning, it is always a new day. One of these days I'll be ready. I'm working towards it every day, because one of these days everything is going to fall into place.

This blog that I do, is really cool for me, life does go by fast. However, if you make the most of it, anyone can create lots of impactful moments that can last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment