Monday, August 6, 2018

Tottenham Will Finish In Top 4 As Long Kane Stays Healthy

The English Premier League season is under 100 hours from beginning and I'm extremely excited to see how everything will shape out.

20 teams, 38 games to the season. The bottom three get relegated and the Top 4 go to a playoff competition the following year against the best of Europe.

I'll do my best this year to blog a lot. English soccer is something like no other sporting league in the world. Being in the Top flight league in England is special. With money controlling everything as of late, the small teams have little chance of creeping into the Top 4 let alone winning it all. That's why Leicester City's remarkable 2016 win is special.

Nothing should change this year, the Top 6 teams will finish somewhere from 1-6. Everton might sneak into seventh and after that it's a crapshoot.

The relegation fight should be good. There are a handful of teams that have had a nice spell in the Premier League that could go down. In the last few years, the teams that have came up have held their own for the most part.

However, for me the biggest storyline is how Tottenham does in their new Stadium. They have finished in the Top 4 the last three years with two runs at the title.

A lot has been made of Tottenham not signing anyone, but I still do believe this team, as long as Harry Kane stays healthy will make the Top 4 again.

Their first two fixtures are winnable with Newcastle away and Fulham at home. Four points is the bar minimum that we should get.

To be honest, the reason why I'm so confident that Tottenham will make it is because we have gotten off to slow starts in the past few years as well.

With Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United not as good by their standards, this is the year for Tottenham to put the rubber stamp on it that their the best team in London.

The only team that scares me is Manchester City. That team will likely win the league but second place to me is completely up for grabs.

Tottenham is -120 on the betting lines to finish Top 4. To me, considering how consistent Spurs have been the last three years, this is a good bet.

I really hope I like their new Stadium though. That has me more nervous. This work week will be hard to get through as I'm really hoping to enjoy this years season.

No comments:

Post a Comment