Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Big Wins Put Canucks in Divisional Race

My OOTP Hockey season is moving along quite nicely. Since my dreadful 4-12-2 start I have turned things around quite considerably. I'm 21-7-5 since and I have climbed into the divisional race and now I'm five points back with two games in hand on the Calgary Flames. 

Adam Foote has had stellar play for the Canucks while adding much needed depth when Dave Babych was injured for a few games.

I have made two minor trades since as I traded Dan Ratushny to Anaheim  for Gerard Gallant. A couple of weeks later I shipped Sean Pronger to Philly for Bob Wilkie. 

Wilkie is one of the players that was on the Swift Current bus crash while Gallant is now a Head Coach in the NHL but currently unemployed since he was fired by the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

Peter Nedved is still my leading scorer with 63 points in 51 games. My big concern is that how Bure is going to slide in when he returns. He is slated to return in a few weeks after not playing since November 14th. 

I will be holding pat at the Trade Deadline most likely as the majority of my star players are under 25 and don't see a need to be going all in at this point. I'm going for my third consecutive division title in a row and that would be remarkable considering where the franchise was prior to 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment