Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hockey Manager 6 Update - 1994 Vancouver Canucks

The roller coaster year for the 1994 Vancouver Canucks continues! Interesting to point out but at one point the Canucks were 17-9-3 since accruing Adam Foote from Quebec. At the same time, Quebec was 19-7-5. The trade has worked out well for both teams. 

There are 19 games to go in the season. I am at a season high seven games above 500. at 31-24-9. Knock on wood but I have a really good shot at making the playoffs. 

The last 13 games have been absolutely wild. I was in a really good position 13 games ago and than I hit a bump in the road. Went on a horribly timed 1-5-2 stint that put me on the verge of being out of the playoffs. Things were out of control, on it and off it. Peter Nedved was unhappy, Kirk McLean is injured and Dave Babych is also banged up. 

A big win in Chicago a couple of weeks ago avoided a 0-6-1 road trip has reignited Vancouver on a Pacific Division Title chase. I have all of a sudden hit stride and I'm four points back of Calgary with four games in hand. 

With all that went on, I have recently made a huge trade that adds depth short term and a huge scoring threat in the future. 

I have traded... Alek Stojanov, Scott Walker, Dieter Kochan,  1994 7th round pick and a 1995 6th round pick to Ottawa for 19 year old Pavol Demitra. 

It's a huge risk for me that Demitra has the career he did in real life. I gave up a lot but no A level assets. 

My untouchables at the trade deadline are Adrian Aucoin and Michael Peca and any 1st round picks.

19 games left. Two games at home followed by a crucial seven game road trip. I could be close to clinching a playoff spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment