Sunday, July 5, 2020

Covid 19 is Worse Than Anything I have ever Experienced

I've gone through one of my favorite teams relocating to Memphis, two Stanley Cup riots and many losing seasons with my favorite teams. For me, the Covid 19 sports pause is the worst thing that I have been through as a sports fan.

For one, even when the Vancouver Canucks hit rock bottom in 2017, there was still daily sports on to keep myself occupied on a daily basis. I even went to Bolivia in this month in 2017 which completely rejuvenated me heading into the 2017 NFL season.

I have lived a pretty volatile life the last few years with many times thinking I was bi-polar. This all peaked in February 2018 during the Winter Olympics. I thought I was unstoppable in life. This was all during the last of three dismal seasons in a row for the Vancouver Canucks.

But yet, despite all the bad luck I have endured as a sports fan since Familia blew the save the Mets in Game 4 of the World Series in 2015, sports have always been there for me even when our teams flat out suck. 

Now... it feels like sports will never be the same.  The first sports books I ever had was "And the fans go wild" a collection of great moments in sports games when the fans went crazy. Those great moments captured by those sports teams would never be the same if no one was in the stands.

Not only do I not fear my favorite teams having a heartbreaking loss but I also know that I will feel so relieved if we ever get a sell out crowed again. Right now just feels so hopeless right now and even when our teams suck, we still have so much hope.

Under three more weeks to go until baseball but it's not the summer and fall that I'm worried about. It's what sports look like after October. November is going to be slow and December might be as well if the NBA and NHL don't come back until January of 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment