Thursday, July 2, 2020

FHM 6 Vancouver Canucks 1996 Playoffs

I did it!!! I made a goal at the start of the year to have home advantage in the playoffs and I clinched the 4th seed with a convincing 4-2 win against Calgary in game 82.

It wasn't easy and I will be hobbling into the playoffs but that might have been a foregone conclusion. I went 7-10-2 without Pavel Bure in my last 19 games so I'm not too optimistic going into the playoffs.

I play the 5th seed Edmonton Oilers who have had a good second half climbing the standings to make the playoffs.

The good news is that I won the season series with Edmonton at 3-2-1 but unfortunately, the one game against them I played without Bure was a back and fourth game which I ended up losing 5-4.

Both teams had plus 19 goal differential this year but Vancouver scored 285 goals and gave up 266 while Edmonton played a more defensive game by scoring 238 goals and gave up 219.

Other notes from the league.

Detroit won the Presidents Trophy by going 65-15-2 and scoring 330 goals. In their first year in Denver, the Colorado Avalanche went 52-20-10 to cruise to a Pacific Division Title. The Tampa Bay Lightning qualified for the playoffs for the first time in there franchise's history.

My prediction: I don't have much confidence in my team right now, Goaltending has been a problem the last half of the year and without the presence of Pavel Bure there will be not much margin for error.

 WCQ predictions:

1 Detroit vs 8 St. Louis  - DET 4-0
2. Colorado vs 7 Calgary  COL 4-1
3. Toronto vs 6 Dallas   DAL 4-3
4. Vancouver vs 5 Edmonton EDM 4-2

No comments:

Post a Comment