Tuesday, June 30, 2020

HFM 6 1996 Vancouver Canucks Update

In the last 11 games, lots has happened. I went 3-6-2 in those last 11 games but that wasn't even the worst of things. Pavel Bure has been lost for the remainder of the season with a broken shoulder. This was a deadly blow for me as he was on pace for 60 goals and it is a shame that he won't get there.

I have gone 2-3-2 since he went down but the most bitter pill to swallow is that all of these games have been really close. In fact, the two games I tied could have gone either way and a few of my regulation losses I was unlikely to get a point.

In late February I flipped Wayne Primeau for Jeff Serowik. I kinda regret that trade but before Bure went down I was scoring a lot.

I also picked up Alex Hicks off waivers. This has proved to be beneficial as both Sheldon Kennady and Nick Kypreos are also injured.

I'm trying to pull off a trade as I'm two days away from the trade deadline. I just traded Stu Barnes to Ottawa for Valeri Bure. This was a super hard trade for me as I wanted Barnes to be a key piece of the puzzle for years to come but I didn't feel like I had much of a choice as my forward depth was so weak.

I have lots to play with and making the playoffs for me is crucial after starting the year 18-6-2. At 35-29-7 I have a very good chance of making the playoffs. With 11 games to go likely have to go 3-8 to clinch a playoff spot. 6-4-1 to 100% clinch but that is with the Kings winning their last 10 games of the season.

I have seven draft picks in the first four rounds of the upcoming draft and I'm seeing what dealing I can do in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment