Tuesday, June 2, 2020

1995 Vancouver Canucks FHM 6 Update

My 48 game 1995 season has come to an end and I finished 24-21-3. I was a few bounces away from winning a division title but at the same time I was a few bounces away from finishing at 500.

I placed 6th again and play the Toronto Maple Leafs in the playoffs. I went 1-3 against Toronto this year but two of the three losses were by one goal.

Pavel Bure finished one goal shy of the league lead. Eric Lindros finished with 35 goals.

Ciff Ronning is out for the year and Adam Foote will start the series on the injured list. Fortunately, Andy Moog has returned just in time for the playoffs.  

There is not much for the GM to do until the end of the year. I feel like I assembled a better team than the 1994 team. Jeff Norton had a great year for me with 32 points in 48 games. An interesting fact about the 1995 season is that the three teams that I made major trades with in the offseason Winnipeg, Dallas and San Jose all finished below me in the standings

Here are the other playoff matchups in the Stanley Cup Playoffs:

 1 Detroit vs 8 Dallas
2 Calgary vs 7 Winnipeg
4 St. Louis vs 5 Los Angeles

Eastern Conference

1 Pittsburgh vs 8 Boston
2 Philly vs 7 Montreal
3 New Jersey vs 6 New York Islanders
4 New York Rangers vs 5 Quebec

I'm on a higher trajectory than the Canucks were in during real life but my playoff success is missing. I don't want to go out to Toronto in the first round for obvious reasons but so far my core is 2-3 in playoff series' so far and another first round exit would make for a crucial year ahead of me in 1996.   

No comments:

Post a Comment