Friday, May 29, 2020

FHM 6 Update - 1995 Vancouver Canucks

As my FHM 6 season moves along with the Vancouver Canucks in 1995 there are two things that come to mind. I have one of the best first first lines in the NHL and I gutted my farm system.

Pavel Bure, Trevor Linden and Pavol Demitra are now what I call the three amigos because they are amazing to seem them put up points at the rate they do. In fact. I'm curious to see how my team progresses in the next five years as they go into their prime.

Could you imagine all these players playing together on a real team?

Pavel Bure
Trevor Linden
Pavol Demitra
Peter Nedved
Stu Barnes
Ryan Smyth

Those players were all stars in their prime that I hope to keep together. The bad part out of all of this is I have traded a lot of young players to get my team to where they are.

My trade deadline accusations were Nick Kypreos and Patrick Kjellberg in two separate trades. This costed me my last notable Canuck that made a contribution for the Canucks in Adrian Acouin. That was a bitter pill to swallow for me as Acouin was one of the first Canucks players I ever remembered.

That being said, the majority of his career he was depth to role player type defenseman so I'm hoping he is replaceable.

My defense has held up so far at 13th in the league so I have fixed a few problems from last year. Jeff Norton has proved to be a stud defenseman for me so far this year with four goals and 24 assists.

This has all led to a 19-14-3 record so far with a top four seed in the Western Conference still a serious possibility. 


No comments:

Post a Comment