Monday, May 18, 2020

Vancouver Canucks 1995 FHM Update

Well, this game gets more realistic as I go forward in this game. The 1995 season will only be a 48 game season because of a NHL lockout that happened in real life.

Here is an update on how my offseason went:


Additions:                                                  Subtractions
Andy Moog Trade                                       Kirk McLean
Stu Barnes Trade                                         Murray Craven
Jeff Norton Trade                                        Micheal Peca
Todd Nelson Trade                                      Dixon Ward
Mark Astley Trade                                       Greg Adams
Ken Hammond UFA                                     Tim Hunter


I added a bunch of defense which was my goal but had to give up some important pieces to my playoff team last year. Here is a break down of the moves. 

Kirk McLean to Winnipeg for Stu Barnes and a 9th 

If there is one thing I have done well in one year on the job is acquire stud players for players in their prime. McLean had a 3.18 GAA average last year which is decent for the Mid-90's but not so good for being my second highest paid player on my team. Stu Barnes will give a loaded roster of Top 6 forwards which has me super excited for the season.

Murray Craven and a second to Dallas for Andy Moog 

I went a few days without a goalie so I had to overpay and Moog, at 34 is not a long term solution but is a upgrade in the short term.

Michael Peca to San Jose for Jeff Norton 

This was a hard trade to make but I wanted to make sure I had enough defenseman. With the addition of Barnes, there was really no room for Peca even though I wanted to keep him.

Greg Adams to Washington for Todd Nelson 

Greg Adams had a 53 point season in 1993 and only mustered 32 points and 0 in the playoffs in 1994. Trading an aging forward for depth defense was something I am excited about.

Dixon Ward to Buffalo for Mark Astley 

Every time I turned around he seemed to be taking a penalty.  I'm glad he is off my team.

Ken Hammond UFA Signing 

Hammond played 62 games with Ottawa in their expansion season in 1993 and he should fit the bill if I have injuries to my back end.

Tim Hunter UFA Departure

Tim Hunter was 33 and was happy to move on from him this offseason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment