Saturday, June 13, 2020

1996 Vancouver Canucks FHM 6 Update

Apologies for not posting for awhile but my 1996 season is underway with the Vancouver Canucks on a impressive scoring rate of 4.09 goals per game.

To recap what has  gone on in my franchise so far in the last year:

Penguins defeated the heavily favored Detroit Red Wings in 5 games to win their third Stanley cup this decade. Their also won in 1991 and 1992.

In the off-season, Quebec moved to Colorado and became the Avalance. This is a huge shot in the gut for me as I thought I disabled league evaluation. Not only did I want franchises in Quebec and Hartfard to stay, I also wanted to add my own expansion.

For the Vancouver Canucks, this is horrible news as Colorado is super deep and about to make a run at being the next dynasty.

Detroit is also in the middle of a dynasty as they go for their third straight Western Conference Championship in a row.

So far, I have had a great start to the year. I ironically claimed Andy Moog off waivers which gives me a crowded crease to say the least.

I have had a major dilemma to decide early on this year and I had to do the very hard thing of trading away Trevor Linden. He was asking for 1.3 Million which was double what Nedved was going to make over the next three years. I choose to trade him because I didn't need to go for the cup in a year there is two juggernauts in my division.

I was able to trade him to Detroit for Chris Drury, Sheldon Kennedy and a 2nd round draft pick this year. I now have two 2nd round draft picks this year.

I still have a very solid team when healthy and have replenished my farm system enough to go from 25th to 21st.

My record is 14-6-2 and I'm 2-3-1 since the major trade but also have Foote and Nedved both injured right now. I have a 3 point lead over Colorado in the division and I'll be very interested to see if Colorado continues to underachieve.     

No comments:

Post a Comment