Saturday, June 6, 2020

FHM Vancouver Canucks 1995 update

It was a tough ending in my FHM 6 1995 Vancouver Canucks season as I fell to the Toronto Maple Leafs in seven games.

I had to pull Andy Moog after Game 2 after after 5-1 and 7-2 losses respectively. Kay Whitmore played the remaining five games and looked great. Game 7 ended 4-2 after it was 2-2 in the third.

I stayed up to 2am last night doing the offseason and this is the major points to what took place.

Notable 1996 Draft picks

Plilip Kuba
Byron Ritchie


I had a huge goalie situation to work out as Moog was too expensive to pay as a backup at 800,000 for the next two years.

I was able to trade Pittsburgh for Greg Andrusak and a second round pick. This is a bit of a gamble as it is not for sure if Whitmore can handle the bigger work load. I was able to trade G Mike Fountain and my second round pick to the Rangers for Glen Healy. He will share the crease with Whitmore.

My next move was to improve at winger and I traded Cliff Ronning to Winnipeg for Darrin Shannon and a sixth round pick.

Free Agent signings included Petr Klima, Norm Maciver and Jason Blake.

I really like the team I assembled I just hope that I can keep the puck out of the net. 

No comments:

Post a Comment