Friday, July 3, 2020

FHM 6 Update - 1996 Vancouver Canucks

It was a dreadful ending to the season I got swept by the Oilers in four games ended 4-3, 5-4, 6-3 and 9-0. Super frustrating because I had leads in two of the games and just had no goaltending.

I'm kind of shocked that I collapsed defensively but I'm speculating that my forwards are not built to play well defensively.

I'm still proud of my team though as I am trying to transition into a that can compete without having the most depth.

In two years, there will be mass expansion  with Nashville, Atlanta. Minnesota and Columbus all will come into the league in the next five years. This means that I'm going to lose four players in the next five years. My goal will be to acquire draft picks for my players outside the Top 6 forwards and Top 3 defense. This will assure me that I'm leaving no good players unprotected.

I'm trying to get younger and add to my farm system that has jumped to 7th in the NHL. I'm keying in on a Stanley Cup window from 2003-2007.

I have seven picks in the first four rounds in the upcoming draft. The only down side is that the 1996 NHL draft was a pretty weak draft.

In other Stanley Cup results, the Detroit Red Wings defeated the New York Rangers in six games to win their second Stanley Cup in three years. The Rangers still haven't won since 1940.

I pick 17th in the upcoming draft and I'm looking forward to free agency as well. I will also try exploring some trade options to put my plan in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment