Wednesday, July 19, 2023

My Day in Seattle Yesterday and Retirement Thoughts

 I found a new drive to be successful in life last night. Yesterday, my Dad and I attended our first Seattle Mariners game of the season. The Mariners fell 10-3 in a entertaining but not very competitive game. 

Despite the loss, I had a much clearer image of what I want my retirement to look like. In the past, I have often mapped out something on the lines of spending five months in Central America or Southern Europe to escape the rainy and messy conditions of Vancouver BC. Then spend seven  months in Vancouver in the spring and summer where our summers have became dry but comfortable. 

This sketch has a obvious whole in it that I would always be spending Christmas alone. Ideally,  I rectify that problem by getting adopted into Latin America culture and find a family that those things are easier said then done. 

When I was commuting to the game last night I realized how content I had became. I was in a Subway heading to the ballpark. I visioned what it would be like to live in Seattle then I remembered that Seattle real estate is just as expensive as Vancouver. 

Then it dawned on me that their are baseball cities that have affordable housing with everything I need in baseball season. I will buy a place in Milwaukee, Cincinnati or any baseball city that I can afford and enjoy the reverse snow bird life. 

This I hope will keep me motivated to put up with work 4-7 days a week the next 20-25 years. I'm excited for the Mariners game tonight as I'm feeling revitalized to enjoy life and see where it takes me. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment