Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Why I Need A Change

 I don't feel respected in the world. One day someone tells me that I need to be held accountable for holding down a job and contributing to society and the next day I'm meeting someone who has the same condition as me telling me that he doesn't work because he is on disability. 

Seems like I'm held to a higher standard because I was born into a family that has certain political beliefs. But that's the problem. People shouldn't be putting any type of expectations and boundaries on my life until I ask for money which I proudly have never done. 

Right now, my expenses are at a place where if I only work to what the government of BC allows people on income support are allowed to earn then my budget gets really tight. Comes out to about 2,773 per month when owning a home doesn't allow for much wiggle room. 

Picking up a second job is only beneficial when you pick up enough shifts that your making more money then when if you paced yourself within the Governmental boundaries. This is the option I have chosen and for the first time in about eight years, I feel mentally ahead of where I was at this time last year. 

However, I have gvien up a lot of hobbies and traditions that I looked forward to like College Football and NFL. Last year I recorded a lot of the games but I found out that I was much more relaxed and enjoyed the shifts more when I didn't have to stay up past midnight to catch up on the days biggest sporting events. 

I keep on telling myself there will be a day where I can wake up on a random Thursday and enjoy the day knowing I don't need to work again. Some people call that retirement but if my weekdays the last few weeks have proven to me is that I'm not a retirement person. I'm a self employed / on-call worker. 

I have a website, I want to be a life-coach, public speaker and author. Nothing big that will make me eat out at the Keg every Sunday night but enough so that I can choose the shifts I want to work. 

I'm getting closer but still can't quit the school district job yet. I also have some days where I know I don't want to quite the school district because I have a lot fun some days. 

One of my goals I wrote down for myself in 2013 was to work as little as I possibly can. As soon as I had enough money to run away to Guatemala I would, be a stock investor / sports better and I would never need to work. 

I will admit I was a little naive but it sounded fun back then. I have learned to adjust my goals since and my new goal is to find employment in Alberta, they don't penalize individuals that work more than they are allowed to. There rules only deduct 50 cents from a $1 earned after the person is over the limit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment