Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 8 - Bolivia Trip

I´ve been at this for a week now and it feels good. I miss a few things like my phone and such but only during some of the day.

Bolivia is a country of just over 10 Million and 60% of the population live in poverty. Lunch seems to be the main meal of the day here, most shops close down for lunch hour.

At 11am yesterday we had our bi-weekly meeting that is mostly in spanish and therefore I only understand a little bit of it.

Lunch was pasta with a patato sauce. It was very good like anything our Bolivian Grandma cooks.

At the school yesterday, we did a craft for the first part and then played soccer. Lots of goals happen when it's only 3 on 3. I really enjoy how talented the kids are all things considered.

After we got back there was a massive Ping Pong tournament held at the house. Singles didn't go very well but I managed to get to the finals in doubles with my Danish partner. Hot Dogs and pop was served along with popcorn. It was the last day for our California volunteer who is heading back to school at UC Davis next week.

We finished the movie Lion last night. A bit of a sad ending but good movie anyway.

The volunteer house is located in a nice area. Lots of shops and places to eat close by. At a stop light in Bolivia, there is a countsown clock that tells you when the light will turn green. I think that is super cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment