Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Teams...

When deciding what team you cheer for, does a team pick you or do you pick the team. Before I could think for myself my teams were automatically Canucks, Grizzlies, Mariners and Packers.

With those teams, I would have experienced 2 Championships, 5 Conference Titles, 22 Division Titles and 47 Playoff appearances.

I first didn't want to cheer for the Packers in 2010 because they were too historically of a team. That is fair. I want a Championship to mean something and be special. Ironically, when I was little I thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers logo was awesome when I was a kid.

I loved the Grizzlies and even when they moved to Memphis I wanted to still support them. Realistically however, I will not be visiting Memphis anytime soon and I didn't want to be invested anymore. I cheer for the Suns now because that was the last game I was at in 2009 and is very easy to visit.

I didn't want to cheer for the Mariners because I had a thing for the Mets when I was younger which ended when Canada was not able to get a DirecTV signal. With the easy access to MLB.TV I got back into the Mets.

The Canucks I am not allowed to change because I was born in Vancouver.

None of these switches were record related. I needed a mental break from my childhood teams and wanted my own reasons not just my Dad's reasons.

Between the Buccaneers, Mets, Suns and Canucks I have 1 Championship, 5 Conference Championships, 17 Division Titles and 40 Playoff Appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment