Saturday, September 22, 2018

Being a Duck Stings Right Now

Oregon had the game in their grabs all night. They had dominated for almost three quarters and it looked like a perfect start to the conference season until the fumble.

That fumble was returned for a touchdown and within a few minutes, it felt like Oregon was going to squander a golden opportunity.

The loss sucks for a few reasons but mainly I think it stings for how close we were but also how one half this evening, we got the feeling that we were competing for a Natty again. That day will come. Hopefully, but the wait is agonizing.

I'll be honest with you, the last few years I have been more on the basketball Ducks especially during their Final Four year, but this loss has me more eager for Ducks football in the future.

The Ducks fall to 3-9 in their last 12 games against Top 25 teams and I think that stat is going to be overlooked on all the things that went on in the game tonight.

It was a chance to take a big leap forward on National TV that would have made Washington a bit nervous when they travel down the I-5 next month. While Washington hasn't looked that impressive this year, they still should go into the game as double digit favorites.

Oregon still has slight hopes of winning the North but will need to win out and Stanford needs to lose as well.

I'm out of it right now, but I still love my Ducks. Lets come back stronger guys, we can do it. Lets show the world that we are OregonStrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment