Sunday, September 30, 2018

My College Football Saturday

What a Day! College Football on Saturday is something that I look forward to in the fall. My dream man cave is to have three 40+ inch TVs in it. This way, I could keep track of all the the football games as well as the baseball that is coming down to the wire.

At 25 years old, I have put myself in position to not work a 9-5 job. I'm not that well off but I have less expenses due to the fact I don't drive and government funding from my disability. I don't want to feel sorry for myself and I want to accomplish a lot in my life but I have had distractions that haven't let me reach my potential.

Through this, I have always been able to watch sports and feel good about myself. I have friends but there are days where I have so much going on in the days coming up that I need a day by myself.

I'm doing training to be an Special Education Teacher right now and while this wasn't the fall I mapped out for myself at this time last year, unfortunate events have landed me in this class in which I had to miss half of the college football Saturday.

I also would rather be traveling but things are also getting in the way. I know I have people around the world that I could stay with and that's a good feeling.

The good news was, the Oregon Ducks game was on late tonight on FS1. This was a make or break game in my opinion. A loss, and a 3-3 start was the likely outcome with Washington coming to Eugene but a win and it seems like Oregon is right back in the race in the Pac 12 North as long as they win next week which would see their record improve to 5-1.

I'm so glad Oregon had a really good game tonight. Their offense was on fire and so was our defense. There wasn't really a time in the game that I thought Oregon was going to lose. The big thing was creating the two score lead when Herbert connected with Mitchell for a 36 yard TD pass that gave the Ducks some breathing room.

I feel like Oregon is back. This should be a 10 win season regardless with what happens next week and from what I gather on social media, the bandwagon is getting full again.

We got a good effort from our defense today with two defensive touchdowns. We  also snapped our thing that was hold us back which was winning against Top 25 teams.

If we can consistently win on the road against Top 25 teams, the Ducks might be headed for another good decade of Ducks football.

No comments:

Post a Comment