Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What Would You Do With 856,000?

My respect Le'veon Bell has completely gone out the window the last few weeks as he continues to hold out of playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. No, this isn't because I have him on my Fantasy Football team. It's strictly because I believe that money is no answer to happiness.

After being in Bolivia for one month last year, I came home feeling more well off financially than when I left. This was because cost of living in other countries around the world are significantly less than they are in America or even Canada.

Every game Bell holds out he loses 856,00. I'm no BNN money adviser but I do know that is a lot of money. According to the Internet, Bell has a net worth of 6.7 Million dollars. For instance, I was  crunching the numbers, Bell is losing 1/7 of his net worth every game.

As someone like me who has been employed on and off for six years, I know the stresses of having a job. Despite that, I would never turn down 856,000 for doing something I thought I should be played more.

He has a job in a business that every sports fan dreamt of having as a kid and he is simply taking it for granted.

My big question is why does he want to be more rich? 99.9% of my blog readers would quit their job tomorrow if they were handed a 6.7 Million dollar cheque. Then, if they were handed 856,000 for suiting up in a Steelers jersey on Sunday they would think they were spoiled.

Maybe, I'm the only one that doesn't get it. 856,000 could do a lot for anyone. Like why doesn't he suit up and donate half his earnings to a developing country if he doesn't want the money. This is not what we were taught to do as kids if something didn't go our way.

Additionally, if I was handed 856,000 dollars I would make a list of a handful of things that I would want to do in my.  lifetime. I mean, I have a bucket list but I would actually pursue it.

The only thing that I could think of is if he doesn't get a contract extension he might fear that his running back legs deteriorate before his contract is up.

Still, to me this doesn't give the right to sit out of games as we are too spoiled as it is. Too put this in perspective, I read last year that there was 41.2 Trillion dollars in the world. There is 7.44 Billion people in the world and if we divided everything up equally we would all have around 31,000 dollars or something. Keep in mind, that average seems high because of how many billionaires their are in the world.

I really hope Bell comes back. It'll be better for the NFL, his ego and everything else in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment