Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Which Four Pro Teams Belong to Vancouver the Most?

I can't be happy for St. Louis Blues fans this afternoon. I've tried but I can't do it. St. Louis despite losing the St. Louis Rams a few seasons ago still has baseball which is more than Vancouver sports fans have.




Growing up a Vancouver sports fan is like going to Disneyland when your too young to enjoy all the good rides. Some are scary and others are fun but not suspenseful enough.




In Vancouver, people are divided by their sports teams. In hockey it's a complete mixed bag for people 45 and older. That's where all the Maple Leafs fans come from. I baseball, basketball and football are equally split in other ways. Some are still loyal too Toronto and cheer for them like the home town team and other fans have there own personal reasons why they cheer or not cheer for certain teams.




Then there's the Seahawks... for good reason, Seattle has adopted thousands of new Seahawks fans since Russell Wilson got drafted. Bars in Vancouver are packed with #12 jerseys through out Vancouver. They are closer to Vancouver's team than the Raptors or blue Jays.




In all three leagues, there are arguments for and against which team belongs to Vancouver. I bring this but because seeing people cheer for Toronto last night just steps from the old GM Place at Boston pizza last night sucked.




I want a baseball team and basketball team but the reality is I'm not getting one anytime soon. Vancouver getting a NFL team is already a pipedream.




With my Cerebral Palsy things have never been smooth but sports are great therapy. This time of year sucks because unless my favorite teams are in the NBA and NHL playoffs.




I have wanted to move somewhere far away the last three years. This would give me a chance to get a way and reflect on things in my life but external things haven't allowed me too.




The bottom line is we might see a first time Stanley Cup winner. There city has more going for it than Vancouver.




Let's all try to make our life memorable but boy I missed my Vancouver Grizzlies last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment