Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 17 - Bolivia Trip

Yesterday was Independece Day in Bolivia. On this day, a lot of the stores are closed and that creates not much to do. It was a slow stat to the morning as I slept in to about 9.

I was able to get a lot of small things down however, like cleaning my room and laundry. You know, the boring stuff.

There was a parade on one of the busy streets that was filled with different bands marching up the streets. A lot of police were in the parade as well.

It was really cool to see a lot of Bolivian flags out. A few cars had car flags. I Stayed at the Parade for about 30 minutes. I wasn't sure how long it was going to last.

After a bit of time at the house, me and another volunteer went out to see if the locals were getting ready for the fireworks. Unfortunately, all the drama was ending and people were packing up.

I don't get it, there are fireworks like every weekend by bozo's causing trouble in the streets. You can hear them but usually there to small to see from a distnce. Even last night, you could hear the fireworks but not see them.

Dozed off on the couch late last night watching the Mets - Dodgers game. It wasn't much of a game anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment